Get Farming Mini Grants
Are you a farmer in the Kansas City Metro area who is currently growing for sale, and looking to increase your capacity for production and/or distribution? Are you a business that exists to help growers become more productive? Cultivate Kansas City, in collaboration with the Health Care Foundation of Greater Kansas City, are making funds available to support these activities to KC metro growers.
Purpose of the mini-grants: The purpose of the mini grants is to help existing farms expand their capacity to produce food for residents of Jackson County, MO, Kansas City, MO, and Wyandotte and Johnson counties in Kansas, particularly residents with limited access to fresh, locally grown food. Grants are available to:
- 501c3 organizations or a project that has fiscal sponsorship of a 501c3
- Farmers selling produce
- Entrepreneurs looking to increase farmer services within a community
- Food distribution projects
In order for an urban farmer to be eligible, they must have:
- A state Retail Sales Tax License
- At least one full production season of documented sales of their farm products (can be proven through submitting a copy of the previous year’s signed and submitted Federal Schedule F, or a year’s worth of Kansas Retailer’s Sales Tax Return ST-26 forms and/or Missouri Sales Tax Return, Form 53).
If a farmer has been selling, but does not have one or either of these, please contact Claire Zimmermann at email@example.com. She will talk to you about what records you may have available to document your previous sales. If you do not currently have sponsorship of a 501c3, please contact Claire at 913-713-9264 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we may be able to work with you to find a sponsor.
September 20th, 2016 6pm at Gibbs Road Farm 4223 Gibbs Road Kansas City Ks, 66106
Deadline for Applications
November 15th, 2016 by 5pm CST by email to Claire [at] CultivateKC.org
Decision and Award Letters Received
February 17th, 2017
Contract Signing Period and Collection Period
February 20-24th, 2017
Checks Issues Target Date
March 1st, 2017
Get Farming Mini Grant Info
Learn how to apply for a Get Farming Mini Grant and how the process works.
Fill out this application and submit by the appropriate deadline to apply.
Use this template to create your budget for your grant proposal.