Eat This! Local Food Challenge
Join Cultivate KC in participating in our 2021 Local Food Challenge! We hope that through this week of mindful eating practices, you’ll come to appreciate how impactful and easy it is to eat locally grown food and to support Kansas City farmers.
Challenge Dates: July 23 thru July 30
Eat This! Challenge Guidelines
- Incorporate at least one locally grown food into every meal and snack
For this challenge we are defining local food as any food that was grown/raised within 50 miles of Kansas City.
- Take a picture of your meal to share on your social channel of choice
- Use the hashtag #eatthisKC and tag @cultivatekc
- Also tag the farmer, grower, maker or restaurant that makes your local meal possible (and follow them)
- Encourage friends and family to participate with you!
- Seek out a new restaurant or market to discover new local ingredients or dishes that use a familiar one in a new way
Don’t worry, we’re coming up with ways to help you through the week, including recipe ideas and prep guides as well as incentives from local restaurants and markets. Make sure you sign up below as an official participant to receive them in your email.
We want this week to be fun and enlightening. Our intention is to challenge you to be a more conscientious participant as a consumer in our local food system.
This challenge isn’t meant to be a diet or a weight management tool. Instead we hope you discover healthy habits and outcomes from being more active in the local food system that benefit your health as well as the collective health of our community.
How local can you go?
Are you a local grower or business that supports local growers and want to offer an incentive to participants? Email email@example.com!