March 28, 2022
Production Planning and Propagation Workshop
This 2-part workshop will kick-off the Growing Growers workshop series and cover the basics of propagation and production planning for fruit and vegetable farming.
- Zac Hoppenstedt, Horticulture Extension Agent, Kansas State University, Plant Propagation for Small Farms
- Dr. Kim Williams, Professor, Kansas State University, Greenhouse Systems and Management
- Mark Gawron, Farmer/Operator, Crow’s Nest Farm, Passive Solar Greenhouse and Custom Transplant Sales
- Frank Gieringer, Gieringer’s Family Orchard, Seed and Plant Orders for Diversified U-Pick Farm
- Brien Darby, Director, Cultivate KC, Production planning for Botanical Gardens and Community Farming
- Daniel Robinson, Farm Manager, Westport Commons Farm, Greenhouse Tour at Broadmoor Urban Farm
We’ll start with a webinar from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
We’ll then conclude with an in-person greenhouse tour and hands-on seeding demonstration from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at Broadmoor Urban Farm in Overland Park, KS.
The webinar will be FREE, and the greenhouse tour and demonstration is $10.
INFORMATION & REGISTRATION