Chef Curated Meal Kits
Cultivate KC & The Kansas City Food Hub, in conjunction with six local chefs, are bringing one-of-a-kind Chef Curated Meal Kits to you!
These kits include most of the ingredients needed to create a local chef’s exclusive dish using fresh produce grown on Cultivate KC’s Westport Commons Farm and by the other farmer members of The Kansas City Food Hub, who all focus on sustainable agriculture and growing the freshest, most nutritious food in the Kansas City region.
Meal kits are available on the following dates:
- May 26 (order by May 19 at NOON) – Chef Kendall Harris, Spring Sandwich with Strawberry-Tomato Jam and (optional add-on) Chicken
- June 16 – Chef Bob Brassard (order by June 9 at NOON), Goma-Ae Style Roasted Veggies with Tofu, or (optional add-on) Chicken Thighs
- July 14 – Chef Sara Cates (order by July 7 at NOON) , Summer Skillet Ratatouille with French Bistro Salad
- August 11 – Chef Jameson Hubbard (order by Aug 4th at NOON), Grilled Summer Vegetable Panzanella with (or without) Bacon
- October 20 – Chef Rick Mullins (order by Oct 13th at NOON), Butternut Squash & Apples Hash
- November 17 – Chef Shanita McAfee
Prices (+ tax):
- $45 (2 vegetarian servings) & $75 (4 vegetarian servings)
- $55 (2 omnivore servings) & $90 (4 omnivore servings)
- SAVE 10% by purchasing the remaining 5 boxes in advance!
Pickup is from 4-6pm on the above dates at Westort Commons Farm, 300 E. 39th St., KCMO.
Each meal kit includes a recipe created by that month’s local Kansas City area chef, meal ingredients for your choice of 2 or 4 servings, and information highlighting your chef. The meal kits are purchased through the Kansas City Food Hub’s online ordering platform. Simply register as a customer, then place your order(s).
Helpful hint #1: you must register as a KC Food Hub customer before placing your order. Add a meal kit to your cart, and a the prompt will appear to register or sign in.
Helpful hint #2: Due to some restrcitions in the ordering system, the window for purchase of the meal kit is Tuesdays 8am – Thursdays noon. So if you go to order and it says the window for purchase has closed, GO BACK TUESDAY and try again!
ORDER MEAL KITS HERE
Meet the Chefs
Chef Shanita McAfee – coming soon!